Saturday, August 23, 2008

Annyong South Korea!



I'm finally in Seoul and it's feeling pretty awesome!


After visa issues, passport drama, and a constant change of my arrival date, I was finally on my way to Korea August 15th. I arrived to the airport with 2 huge suitcases, packed to the max, and one carry-on (also packed to the max). The trip was 16 hours and I was so looking forward to a long flight to wind down and relax! 2 movies and a lot of sleeping later, I was in Korea!

On the flight I happened to be sitting by a guy named Dan, who is also working for the same company as me. He was totally cool and I couldn't have been more thankful to have met him on the plane! It definitely eased any anxiety I had, knowing that I had someone to find my way around Seoul with, and also find my hotel with. 

After arriving, Dan and I headed for the buses. While standing in line, in a sea of Asian people, we spotted three other white people and realized they may be in our same shoes. Sure enough, the three guys were also teaching for our company. We all made our way into the city, got off the bus, and went to catch hotel cabs. 
On a little side note, we were given pretty specific instructions in our orientation letter that said we were supposed to call our recruiters right after we got off the bus, before catching any cabs. I however, seeing the cabs already waiting in front of the bus stop, decided that it was best to just "jump in the cab, and call the recruiters later!". I persuaded all 4 guys that they needed to put down the pay phones, and get in the cabs before they took off! Unwillingly, the guys put the phones down, looked at me like "are you sure?", and followed me into the cabs. 

Well, of course the hotel had to end up being the wrong hotel!! Little did I know, there were 2 hotels for our school, and the one we were at, well, it wasn't the right one. 
While standing by for some cabs to come pick us up to take us to the right hotel, the guys continued to thank me for taking them on our little detour, asking "Lindsey, anywhere else you want to take us tonight?! Huh? No?". Yeah, no! I kindly obliged. :)

We eventually caught cabs to the right hotel. 4 hours after getting off the plane, I made it to my hotel. Best feeling in the world. 

(Outside My Hotel: Seoul Residence)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love the pictures!!! who else could have persuaded 4 guys to follow her even though she had no idea where the hell she was going? girl, you is stupid!!! (cross-eyed glance)