Monday, January 12, 2009

I felt the yellow hair would talk to me

You heard it right. Yellow hair that talks. But before I get into that lovely story, I have another short one. 
Today in one of my classes I asked the kids to write about a time when they helped another person or saw someone else help another person that touched them. I have one girl in my 4pm class, 6th grade, and she's always that kid I want to yell "shut your mouth!" to, but can't for fear of being fired. Well, she was having trouble coming up with something to write about for the topic today. I was filling in grades, looked up, and saw her sitting there, dumbfounded. 
Me: "Nicooooole, you need to start writing."
Nicole: "Teachu, no time I helped someone."
Me: "What?! Of course you've helped someone. Think hard about a time you've done something kind for another person."
Nicole: "Hmm. No teachu. No time."
And I sit there feeling helpless, and then it came to her ...
Nicole: "Teachu! I help you!"
Me: "You helped me? When did you help  me?" Thinking this girl aint ever been a help to me. 
Nicole: "Teachu last week you were real sick. Teachu I was quite entire class. No speaking teachu. I help you."
Me: "Ahhh,  you didn't talk last class? Really? That's great! You did help me. Write about it!"

And now for the title story. This is a writing from one of my past students that entered into a speech contest with the topic "Best Teacher Contest". Another teacher sent this to me today. It is so sweet. A little redemption for the job I suppose. 
Don't mind the spelling errors please. Or that she used my middle name that I can't figure out for the life of me how she got ahold of. She's in all of 5th grade:

Best Teacher Contest - 
Name: Lesley Jeon
Class: Bridge reading/Thurs/4:00~7:00

I will tell you, my favorite, and best teacher.
My favorite teacher is Lindsey Ann Hampton, she was my teacher when I was in 'tera'. Now I am in Bridge, but I miss her very very much. Well, I think she is bright always. Isn't she? Also, she loved every student.
Here, I'll tell you why she is my favorite teacher.
First, I like her bright face. For example, she was always smiles as she was upset. Surprisely, her smile makes me comfortable. I like her smile because it like 'comfortable magic madicine'.
Second, I like her yellow short hair and her earings.
When she spoke to us, I felt the yellow hair would talk to me. Like... "Hello! Lesley, are you exciting now?"
Also, her earings would always change. All the student in our class knew that. But I like her earings too. She has star earings, leaves earings, flower earings, and long chain earings. I like all of them. 
Third, she is fair everyday. She called me 'smart' sometimes (^^) but she told everybody to that they were good or perfect. And she gave same opportunities to each students.
Forth, her voice is very good for class, talking or conversation. I remember until now, her wonderful voice. When it was my first time in Tera, I opened the door and say 'Hello' to Lindsey, then she said to me 'Hello'. Her voice was ebsolutly perfect. I remember corectly.
Lastly, she cares about each person carefully. I met her 'Winter symester second weeks' she talk to me
"Lesley, Bridge is okay to you? Well I think you are good at Bridge too!"
Those two sentences helped to me. Also, I try to be good too.
Accordingly, My favorite teacher is Lindsey.
I dream or hope, I will meet her next term. Also, I hope she will remember me until I meet her, again. 
Last... I hope I get a bright face as Lindsey has. :)
In conclusion, my favorite and also my best teacher in CDI is Lindsey Ann Hampton.





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

so, i think the reason lesley knows your middle name is that she might (might?) be obsessed with you.
in all seriousness, this is an awesome story!!! i love how she and all the other kids know about your earring collection and look forward to seeing what you are wearing each class period. what an awesome paper!
lesley wins the contest, if you ask me.

Unknown said...

nicole gave me a heads up on how awesome this post is and i agree! i've always felt like your smile is like comfortable magic medicine, but i always thought i was alone on that one. guess not! i do think that lesley forgot to dedicate a paragraph to the twinkle in your eyes.

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog Lindsey! This entry is so sweet, and truthful. Thanks for sharing, hope you are super!

Unknown said...

this is soooo sweet!
i'm glad that your earring collection in being appreciated in south korea too :)

Linda said...

lesley is right about it all. in fact, it think she might be verging on genius. the part that worries me though, is how bad your english has gotten according to lesley bridge. let's work on that, okay?

love you!

p.s. this kind of stuff makes it all worth it, doesn't it?