Yesterday was the mark of yet another Korean Love day. First, we had Peppero day (which I think stems from Japan). That was a couple months ago. You go around giving people you love chocolate covered bread sticks.
Then there was Valentine's Day last month. In Korea though, only the girls give the boys something on this day.
And then there was yesterday, White Day. On this day, the boys give the girls gifts.
I got the most wonderful gift of all ... a hand-made card.
There's pics of the card below. When you first look you may think it's from my students, but if you look harder, you'll see it's from my grown-male friends, Abby and Chris. How can you not love them?
We also went out with a bunch of friends dancing last night. At about 5:30am we decided we should start heading home. But on the way we stopped at a noraebong, aka, karaoke room. It was so ridiculous, and so much fun! We were in a room that faces out to the street. Everyone on the street gets to watch you making a fool of yourself. It's pretty entertaining. My guy friends that came were insane on the mics. One of the most hilarious things I've seen. Through the windows, the sun began rising, and we realized it was 6:30am, and we needed to get some sleep. Such a fun night. Full of laughs and love.
On a side note, next month, April 14th, Korea keeps the love going by celebrating Black Day. On this day all the single people go out and mingle with other singles while eating a Chinese noodle dish. And Korea wonders why they need to put up glass barricades in front of the subway openings. Less romantic love days, less people trying to kill themselves. Little thing called logic.

(Abby aka Ab Lincoln, is on the left and Chris on the right. Me in my boots. They love to tease me because I wear boots daily and I hurt myself wearing a pair about a week ago.)

(Both guys are 6'2"-6'3" and I can never keep up when we walk anywhere. But I do not fall. That is just ridiculous. :) And they have several nicknames for me, which you'll notice. Lovely)
1 comment:
Haha! That is the best card ever.
Post a Comment